The Redevelopment of the Northern Beaches Health Service (NBHS) Community Centres provides for the reconfiguration and consolidation of community health services in an integrated and networked model across the Northern Beaches Health Service. The design for the 3 community centres has been produced based on extensive consultation by McConnel Smith & Johnson and the Consultant team to reflect and support key planning and design principles as follows: ease of access; welcoming space for children & families; child & family focussed; enables best practice care; integration and multidisciplinary collaboration, flexibility and adaptability; optimise staff experience; and enable operational efficiencies.
The Mona Vale Community Health Centre provides care in the following areas:
• Rehabilitation and Aged Care Community Services
• Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
• Chronic Disease Community Rehabilitation Services
• Community Nursing
• Acute Post-Acute Care
• Paediatric Occupational Therapy
• Paediatric Speech Pathology
• Child and Family Health Services
• Community Adult Mental Health Services
• Child and Youth Mental Health Services
• Community Drug and Alcohol Services
• Adult and Paediatric Oral Health Services
The building is divided into two rectilinear forms that overlap and are placed orthogonally to each other to reduce the mass and create centralised reception and waiting areas that help maintain visitor orientation through access to external views. The two storey void spaces planned in these public spaces reveal the inner workings of the building and assist in the wayfinding and orientation of visitors and staff.
The design enables the building to capitalise on the views of the Mona Vale coastline while respecting the scale of the surrounding residential suburb.
Major Services - Master Plan, Feasibility, Architecture and Interior Design Client - Health Infrastructure Completion - 2016 Value - $30m